It’s marching season in Ulster and the Red Hand will be seen flapping in the breeze throughout the province, but why? How did a red hand become the iconic symbol of Ulster, and just why is it so controversial? listen to the podcast to find out more.
Some extra notes below:
- The theme song was a collaboration between myself and Mark Walsh, and will be available on the site soon in case we have any bedroom DJs that feel like doing a remix.
- the teacher who may be in jail can be found here – http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/imported/seven-years-for-evil-pervert-28321007.html
- the low budget video explaining Ulster can be found here –
- You can catch up on Zoe Salmon’s twitter here – https://twitter.com/Zoe_Salmon
- Flegs can be defined here – http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fleg
- and a good youtube fleg video here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvxqGnVO2w
- peaky blinders imdb – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/
- Svend Karlsen strongman documentary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJHV8sG89Ts
- Carlingford Lough wiki – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlingford_Lough